Here are the top ways over-consumption of sugar can negatively affect your body:
- Increase risk of heart disease – Raises blood pressure and build up of plaque in your arteries leading to heart attack, stroke, or heart failure
- Can lead to fatty liver – Fructose can overload your liver leading to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Gain unwanted weight – Contributes to the nation’s obesity epidemic
- Depletes energy – A brief spike in blood sugar and insulin levels followed by a sharp drop in blood sugar (sugar crash)
- Accelerate cognitive decline – Lead to impaired memory and a greater risk for Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Increase risk of type 2 diabetes – Prolonged high-sugar consumption drives insulin resistance
- May increase risk of cancer
- May negatively impact your mental health – Increased risk of depression
Our promise at Keto Pint is to make authentic no added sugar products that will help future generations with the fight against sugar consumption.
For more information go to: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/too-much-sugar#TOC_TITLE_HDR_5